Friday, December 12, 2008

A beautiful evening at the picturesque Ozran beach, Vagator

OZRAN BEACH - BEAUTIFUL GOAN BEACH




Situated not far from the beautiful Vagator beach is a beautiful Goan bean i.e. the Ozran beach, a small but very picturesque beach. Mostly frequented by foreigners. It was evening time, after attending a function, I decided to visit this goan beach on my way back home. I climbed down the hill to get to the beach. As I was coming towards the beach, I saw a lot of people mostly Goans in many groups who were leaving for their homes after spending the day on the beautiful Goan beach, on a picnic, at Ozran beach with their family and friends. They were leaving for their respective homes. They were carrying back the mats, empty crates of drinks, the food utensils, the kids were carrying the bats and balls that they played with all day. They all looked tanned and has smiles on their faces as they climbed up the hill to head home.
As I moved further on, I could see this beautiful Goan beach was filled with tourists. The beach had a number of beach shacks wherein tourists were having a great time. Outside these beach shacks were beach beds where the tourists were resting upon. As it was nearing sunset and the full beach was looking so beautiful and the sky all golden with the sun shining bright just before it would go beyond the horizon. There was music in the air. Tourists were enjoying the bath in the sea. Younger crowd were playing games along the shore.
As I strolled on towards the northern side of the beach where there is a huge human face carved on a rock. I still remember it around the year 1993 or 1994 when I had visited this beach, there was a foreign tourist who was making this carving. Today this carved face is an attraction of this beach and it adds to the beauty of the beach.

As its was nearing sunset, I started my walk back. Here I met a foreigner, I cant remember his name. He was a master juggler and he was exhibiting his juggling skills. I struck a conversation with him. He shared with me his views on Goa, Goan people, Goan music, Goan lifestyle, Goa seafood, Goan experinces and how much he loved Goa and specially this little beach was a paradise for him. They he went on to show me a few of his tricks and as he did so, a little group gathered around. It was great fun. He asked me for the Adidas cap that I was wearing and then he did a little balancing act with it too. He did a few more acts with balls, sticks and various other items. What amazed me was when he brought a wooden stool which was more than medium size. He did a balancing act by holding high up over his head in his mouth. He was awesome. I than said bye to him and moved on, I came across a group of boys both foreigners and Goan playing volley ball. I watched them play for a while as the sun was setting. After enjoying a very beautiful evening at the scenic Ozran beach, I came back home fully refreshed and joyful. Just enjoy some of the pictures of this beautiful Goan beach.

a view of the ozran beach


Foreigners relax above the rock carving at the beach

A juggler from Israel demonstrating his skills


A juggler from Israel demonstrating his skills


A juggler from Israel demonstrating his skills


Group of foreigners and locals playing volleyball on the beach



Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment