Monday, April 12, 2010

A wonderful day, even though it did not start all that good



A WONDERFUL DAY



11th April, 2010, a group of friends had planned to visit the Salim Ali Bird Sanctuary. Even though I had a function to attend at my friends place & even knowing that it was not the best time to visit the Bird sanctuary at 10.00 am in the hot sun but as the group seemed very enthusiastic to go there, I too volunteered.

Having reached at the meeting point at the given time, I waited for the group to arrive, but other than Aloke and his friend no one turned up. Having waited there for at least someone from the group members to arrive or to make contact with us. It seemed to be really frustrating as no one turned up. Then at 12 noon, we finally decided to cross over to the island of Chorao via the ferry.

After reaching the Island of Chorao, I proceed to the forest post there and the person in charge Mr. Satish was a very helpful person, he told us that it would not be ideal for us to go around the island after noon and that the best time for bird watching was in the morning between 7 to 9 though they had the boats from 7 to 12 noon. So promising Satish to be back sometime later and having said good bye to Aloke and his friend who waited to have lunch on the island, I proceed to Sridao at my friends place for the feast.

I reach at my friends place at 1.30 p.m. and my friends were already there and were surprised to see me there as I had communicated my inability to make it there for the feast.

So after lunch at my friends place, we went to wish some of my other friends in the village of Sridao. So after 5.30 p.m. we left from Sridao and proceed to Dona Paula just in time to catch the glimpse of sunset, the fishermen with their nets on the beach, the children playing on the beach, people having bath in the sea, lovers spending time on the beach and some of my friends even joined in for a bath in the sea :-).

So the day was not a total failure. It was wonderful day, even though it was not the best start for the day.


The ferry from Ribadar to Chorao


Thats Aloke and his friend who joined me in our wait for the group.


The barges moving across the Mandovi River


The bird watching tower on the Chorao island


The view of the mangroves on the chorao island


That's Anand and his son, our hosts


That's me

Azavedo and Prashant


Pandurang and me


a father walks with his children on the beach


Men strolling on the beach


Fishermen with their nets


I just wished I could take this boat out into the deep sea.


Beautiful sunset


I love sunset


A fishermen pulling his nets.


Thats my friends little daughter, Riddhi (my best friend)


The catch of the day, goan sea food, yum yum

The catch of the day


The catch of the day


Sexy Sunset

1 comment:

  1. Awesome post Rohan. You're right, even if you can't go back and have a brand new start, you can start now and have a brand new ending !!!

    Cheers
    Mihir

    P.S. Don't get to see you much on Twitter these days...

    ReplyDelete