Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Dudhsagar Waterfalls -Goa Water Falls - doodhsagar waterfalls


Trekking to Dudsagar Water falls - Goa Magnificent Waterfalls



To view more pictures go below the write up

Over the years I had always been planning a trip to the Dudsagar waterfalls, and time and again it was just cancelled for some reason or the other.
Yet again It was planned for today i.e. 5th September, 2010 and like always my friends who were accompanying me to the trek had been assigned duty and again my trip was nearly canceled. But then I decided that I had to go so woke up 6 a.m. packed my bag, sat on my bike and zoomed to Panjim where the other trekkers were called to board the bus at 7.00 a.m. I was there just before 7, Bianca came at dot 7.00 a.m. and so did the bus. There were a few others who were gathered there, so we boarded the bus and set off to Panjim by 7.30 am. So finally I said to myself, the trek to dudhsagar waterfalls - Goa's Magnificent waterfalls is finally turning into reality.
I sent tweets to my friends while I was traveling and also some photographs clicked on cell phone via mobile internet which read as under:-

#aright and sunny in Goa. The bus leaves from Panjim to Margao. on the way to Dudhsagar waterfall trek. :-) fun ahead

#Trek #goa change of driver at sridao. pyar ka diwana being played on stereo. bus is crossing the zuari bridge. via mobile web

#Pickup of people joining the trek on way to margao #trek #goa just passed verna industrial estate. music mode hindi pop. via mobile web

#Hare krisha hare ram, dhum mare dhum. the hindi music oldies providing entertainment as we pass lush green paddy fields at nuvem #trek #goa via mobile web

#Bianca #offtrailadventures organising the trek to #dudsagar is cool. about 13 hours ago via mobile web

#Goa people just getting out of nuvem church after sunday church service. wish all a blessed day about 13 hours ago via mobile web

#Finally we arrive at margao #goa #dudsagar via mobile web

#Feels good as we leave Margao and proceed towards collem. the weather is sexy. #Goa looks amazing in its emerald cover. evergreen via mobile web

#drizzle on the way to #dudsagar #Goa collected parotas for lunch. hope no heavy showers later today. via mobile web

#A rather long stop at verna. piya tu ab to aja, well thats being played in the bus. an finally some trekers arrive. #Goa #dudsagar via mobile web

#at curchorem sanvordem market buzzing with people #goa via mobile web

#Erratic driver misses the way. but on track rightaway. and now he giggles. passing through mining hub about via mobile web

# Finally reached collem and the trek begins via mobile web

and finally the then the mobile phone coverage went off, so had my phones switched off.
After getting down from the bus there were instructions given out by Bianca and then we as a group move towards the railway tracks towards Dudsagar.

As the group started walking towards the waterfall along the railway tracks with the occasional passing railway engines we just started to get in harmony with mother nature after a few kilometers along the tracks, we moved onto the main land towards the water falls. It was a amazing journey walking along with new friends sighting exotic flowers and beautiful butterflies. I don’t know why but the beautiful black and blue butterflies kept getting onto my shoes, I guess it was because of the some minerals that i caught along the track. We crossed streams, moved down steep slopes, had to walk along climbs all away. I was at times lost clicking photographs of the beautiful flowers, the flying butterflies, the mushroom, the spiders, the creepers, the snakes and the magnificent waterfalls. That’s the time I realized how desperately I needed to get an SLR camera.

At last we could hear the gushing of the waterfall and finally our first glimpse of the magnificent doodh sagar waterfalls from a distance. It was amazing, just like milk gushing down the mountain, so rightly called doodh sagar (ocean of milk). It renewed the energy in us to move towards the waterfalls. There were funny moments with the fellow trekkers like sole of someone’s shoes of the shoes gave way, some came tumbling down the steep slopes, someones bags ripped off, some were slipping and falling. Fun moments all the way.

Lucas lead up front through the entire trek, PD and family was fun to be with, Bianca and Theresa always there for help and support, the entire group of trekkers were really fun, though I did not know many of their names, they were from all over North and South Goa (they also included people from outsideGoa who were on either vacation to Goa or have been working in Goa). Mukul, Meghan, Shruti, Prakash, vipun and myself moved together as a group. They all were awesome. Mukul and Meghan were hilarious as ever, Shruti was a good sport, Prakash he was an awesome guy, he had some numerous amazing stories to share among those my favorite was that of the “Devils Cannon” which we all will never forget and I have already nick named this trek as "Mission - Devils Cannon", however we never found it, may be on our next trek to doodhsagar, Prakash wot say???

We camped for a while, had our lunch, got a bit fresh. Some of us had been with leeches had them removed with local remedies of salt or lime before proceeding further. We were also delighted to meet a little friend out there, a little rattle snake among us as we had our lunch. As we moved on, it was yet another stream of water to cross and the final climb up the mountain through the dense forest cover, with climbers all over, screeching crickets, sounds of other insects and of gushing water, creepers and thorns all over. As we moved through the dark, we slipped, got scratched and bruised but we moved on and then finally out in the open. We had to cross three tunnels, on the way there were little spots of gushing water, which we all enjoyed having a little shower on one of those. It was indeed refreshing, that’s when Mukul got all red and said "his ears got hot", we all felt it was coz of the water, until Shruti broke the suspense and told us about his secret on our way back. It was fun all the way :-).

And then finally the big moment, we were at the "Dudhsagar Waterfalls", my dream come true. As all my other friends were busy clicking photographs. I just stood and looked and looked and looked on and on at this magnificent gift of nature. Truly amazing and then I said "Viva Goa - Goa Meu Amor ".
After spending an hours time at the waterfall, we moved towars the railway station. Got onto an railway engine at dudhsagar and came to collem. It was my dream come true, at last I had conquered the Dudsagar waterfall and that’s not the end, I’ll be back again :-).

After a hot cup of tea and after everyone was ready, we boarded the bus and started our journey back home. As soon as I got network coverage for my cell phone, I shared a few photographs of the magnificent Doodhsagar waterfalls trek on Twitter and facebook on my journey back home. We kept saying “goodbye” and “have a good hot water bath” to every trekker who got down at their destination. We finally reached Panjim at 7 pm. It was an amazing day. A big thank you to everyone from the group, you guys rock.


The Journey begins


Lined up along the railway trek


The engine passes by


The locals travelling on the engine

The journey has just begun


The journey has just begun


I love the sight of these railway tracks


Beautiful flowers


Bianca in Action


Trekkers move on


Lucas up front




Tried to capture a flying butterfly

A beautiful flower that caught my attention


Now after a walk along the treks, moving towards the wild


As we walk through the jungle

Beautiful Nature


Beautiful Nature


Beautiful Nature


and then we met a group of friends

and another group of friends :-)


This beautiful friends kept following my shoes :-)


The millipede kinda creature


Some wild plants

the beautiful mountains as we passed by the jungle


some of the many little streams of water we passed by


the task of coming down the slippery slope


the task of coming down the slippery slope
The fog over the mountains

The emerald cover that we normally dont get to see


the rope used for crossing the stream

the rope crossing

the rope crossing

the rope crossing

the gushing stream of water


and that is my friend Prakash enjoying


the rope crossing
that's my first glimpse of the Majestic waterfalls from miles away :-)


I liked those mushrooms


Spider man - I love this photo that I clicked


The little reptile, who was our guest while we had our lunch


The guys from provorim were really friendly


thats me lost in the jungle


Thats vipul

Mukul, Shruti and Meghan


Stamping Mukuls feet was surely painful


I hated the idea to get wet in clothes, but the shower was refreshing.


Posing before the tunnel, guys can be krazy too


Thats Mukul, prakash, Meghan and me
the tunnels crossed on our way

The Dudhsagar waterfalls


The Dudhsagar waterfalls


The Dudhsagar waterfalls




the emerald cover
those shining jewels among the emerald cover


the emerald cover

and then it started getting dark and rained


Untouched nature


Whooowww I love this photo - Motherly love



The little chapel between the railway station and the waterfalls


On my way back via the railway engine

No comments:

Post a Comment