Thursday, June 19, 2014

When a total stranger becomes a part of your life - After death, memories are all I have

 The smile says it all



There are times in our life when we meet people who are not of any blood relations to you, yet just the smile on their face affirms to you that they are very warm and loving and though you don't meet these person every now and then, yet whenever you meet them they treat you with love and care which comes straight from their hearts.
One among such people in my life was Mrs.Rodrigues whom I used to affectionately call Mai (Mother). I have always know her as a person who was very loving towards her family, friends and neighbours. A ever-loving Mother, a friendly Mother-in-law and above all the best grandmother to her grandchildren.
I was just a family friend but whenever I visited her she would treat me as her own, always made me feel comfortable at home, even at times when I was not.
Once I had to stay over at their place and I had not carried spare shirt along with me. She went and brought for me a t-shirt of her son. I still remember the glee and radiance on her face the moment she saw me wearing the t-shirt of her Son, and what she said to me was was priceless.
As told by the family members she always looked forward to me visiting their home, but somehow times and circumstances never permitted me, though I just loved the warmnt and love I received from her on my every visit to the family.
She passed away suddenly of a hearth attack. It was sad, it was painful, but I know she is up there in Gods abode, she was my well wisher, a true one.
God Bless you Mai, I know you are up there in Heaven, May your soul rest in peace.Do keep me in your prayers.

If Roses Grow in Heaven

If roses grow in Heaven Lord
Please pick a bunch for me.
Place them in my Mai's arms
and tell her they're from me.
Tell her I love her and miss her,
and when she turns to smile,
Place a kiss upon her cheek
and hold her for a while.
Because remembering her is easy,
I do it everyday,
But there is an ache within my heart
That will never go away.

No comments:

Post a Comment